The Second annual Canadian Craft Beer Awards were held at the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto last night.
Most of the awards went to Ontario-based breweries, but Parallel 49 from Vancouver took gold in the ale category for their Gypsy Tears Ruby Ale and Big Rock from Calgary won 2nd place in the People’s Choice for ale for their Citradelic Single.
Toronto – Winners for the second annual Canadian Craft Beer Awards, founded by Drink Inc., were awarded Friday November 4, 2016 at the Royal Winter Fair.
Winners, listed below, were selected by a panel of BJCP-certified judging panel with a People’s Choice category selected by celebration attendees.
- Gold – Blue Mountain Lager from Thornbury Village Beer
- Silver – Dark Lager from Side Launch Brewing
Tied for Bronze:
- Pickup Truck Pilsner from Thornbury Village Craft Beer
- Craft Lager from Muskoka Brewery
People’s Choice for Lager:
- 1st Mountain Lager from Side Launch Brewing
Tied for 2nd:
- 2nd Flocking Fokker from Barnstormer Brewing
- 2nd Marzen Octoberfest from Beau’s All Natural Brewing
- Gold – Gypsy Tears Ruby Ale from Parallel 49 Brewing
- Silver – Flight Delay IPA from Barnstormer Brewing Co
- Bronze – Sultana Gold Blonde Ale from Lake of the Woods Brewing
People’s Choice for Ale:
- 1st Ransack the Universe Hemisphere IPA from Collective Arts Brewery
- 2nd Citradelic Single from Big Rock Brewery
Tied for 3rd
- 3rd Plowman’s Ale from Grand River Brewing
- 3rd Barrelshed #1 from Shawn & Ed Brewing
- Gold – BATCH Porter from Creemore
- Silver – French Press Vanilla Stout from Double Trouble Brewing Co
- Bronze – Stranger Than Fiction Stout from Collective Arts Brewing
People’s Choice for Porter/Stout:
- 1st Shag Bark Export Stout from Sweetgrass Brewing Co.
- 2nd Batch Porter from Creemore Springs
- 3rd Shinniked Porter from Muskoka Brewery
- Gold – St-Ambroise Pumpkin Ale from McAuslan Brewing
- Silver – Double Double Dopplebock from Waterloo Brewing
- Bronze – Bodacious Blueberry Blonde from Broadhead Brewing Co
People’s Choice for Seasonal:
- 1st Bodacious Blueberry Blonde from Broadhead Brewing Co
- 2nd St. Ambroise Pumpkin Ale from McAuslan Brewing
- 3rd Waterloo Grapefruit Radler from Waterloo Brewing
The 2016 Ontario Cider Awards will be presented Thursday November 10, 2016 at the Royal Winter Fair.