Vancouver Island Brewing has released the 2017 version of their fall/winter seasonal Hermmanator Ice Bock and their new Royston Rye IPA.
Both beers are available at Government and private liquor stores throughout BC.
Hermmanator Ice Bock
Hermannator is a German-style Eisbock named in tribute to one of Vancouver Island Brewery’s original brewmaster. Hermannator takes over three months to produce, spending significant time at subzero temperatures to create a rich malt body, with notes of chocolate, coffee & brandied plums.
- Malt: Superior Pilsner, Crystal, Caramel and Chocolate Malts
- Hops: Northern Brewer, Galena and Willamette
- Aroma: Rich, malty nose with essence of coffee, chocolate and biscuit.
- Appearance: Dark Chestnut Brown that appears almost opaque. Creamy, light tan head.
- Flavor: Deep malt body balanced by a mild bitterness, hints of plum spice with a Brandy like finish.
- Mouthfeel: Smooth assertive mouthfeel with a deep malt body.
- Keywords: Rich, chocolate, chewy
- 9.5% ABV | 25 IBU
Royston Rye IPA
This rye IPA was named after the Royston shipwrecks breakwater in Courntey BC. Royston Rye is an amber IPA that boasts a healthy addition of rye, German Munich and Crystal Rye malts to establish a rich, dry, and spicy malt backbone. The hop profile has a herbal German base with resinous and citrus accents. The result is a robust and complex IPA with a punch of hops and just the right amount of spice.
- Keywords: Hoppy, spicy, full bodied
- 6.5% ABV | 60 IBUs